The Clausen Nursery is a third generation, family owned and operated sustainable nursery that culitvates a wide variety of trees and bushes for Southern California.
Clausen Nursery was in need of a website redesign and upgrade so it could perform better on mobile devices while being touch friendly. The project began with learning about dozens of varietals to better understand how to sort and organize the plants available through their nursury. I developed a well organized, visually rich and mobile friendly directory for the varietals complete with a simple form that makes adding new items a breeze. Every page was written with keyword rich content to facilitate better search engine optimization. Within the first week of launch, the Clausen's began receiving dozens of requests for their trees from all over the United States.
- Draft an Information Architecture to better organize the varietals
- Create the logo in Illustrator from a photograph of their sign
- Devise innovative search and navigation strategies
- Optimize the website for Search Engine Performance
- Design and Build a Mobile Friendly, Responsive Solution